1. Lien Ai Pham-Huy, Hua He, and Chuong Pham-Huy (June 2008). Free Radicals, Antioxidants in Disease and Health. Published in International Journal of Biomedical Science.
2. Costa WF, Nepomuceno JC. (January 2006). Protective effects of a mixture of antioxidant vitamins and minerals on the genotoxicity of doxorubicin in somatic cells of Drosophila melanogaster. Published in Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis.
3. Octavio Paredes-López, Martha L. Cervantes-Ceja, Mónica Vigna-Pérez, Talía Hernández-Pérez (July 2010). Berries: Improving Human Health and Healthy Aging, and Promoting Quality Life—A Review. Published in Plant Foods for Human Nutrition.
4. Jean-Marc Brillouet, Jean-Luc Verdeil, Eric Odoux, Marc Lartaud, Michel Grisoni and Geneviève Conéjéro (March 2014). Phenol homeostasis is ensured in vanilla fruit by storage under solid form in a new chloroplast-derived organelle, the phenyloplast. Published in Journal of Experimental Botany.
5. Nelvana Ramalingum, M. Fawzi Mahomoodally (2014). The Therapeutic Potential of Medicinal Foods. Published in Advances in Pharmacological Sciences.
6. Adam Kokotkiewicz, Zbigniew Jaremicz, Maria Luczkiewicz (2010). Aronia Plants: A Review of Traditional Use, Biological Activities, and Perspectives for Modern Medicine. Published in Journal of Medicinal Food.
7. Mst. Sorifa Akter, Sejong Oh, Jong-Bang Eun, Maruf Ahmed (2011). Nutritional compositions and health promoting phytochemicals of camu-camu (myrciaria dubia) fruit: A review. Published in Food Research International.
8. A.M. ANTON, A.M. PINTEA, D.O. RUGINĂ, Z.M. SCONŢA, D. HANGANU, L. VLASE, D. BENEDEC (July - September 2013). PRELIMINARY STUDIES ON THE CHEMICAL CHARACTERIZATION AND ANTIOXIDANT CAPACITY OF POLYPHENOLS FROM SAMBUCUS SP. Published in Digest Journal of Nanomaterials and Biostructures.
9. D. Charlebois (2007). Elderberry as a Medicinal Plant. Published in Issues in new crops and new uses.
10. Ching-Yu Yen, Chien-Chih Chiu, Fang-Rong Chang, Jeff Yi-Fu Chen, Chi-Ching Hwang, You-Cheng Hseu, Hsin-Ling Yang, Alan Yueh-Luen Lee, Ming-Tz Tsai, Zong-Lun Guo, Yu-Shan Cheng, Yin-Chang Liu, Yu-Hsuan Lan, Yu-Ching Chang, Ying-Chin Ko, Hsueh-Wei Chang,corresponding author,and Yang-Chang Wu (2010). 4β-Hydroxywithanolide E from Physalis peruviana (golden berry) inhibits growth of human lung cancer cells through DNA damage, apoptosis and G2/M arrest. Published in BioMed Central.
11. Lamiaa Ali Ahmed (2014). Renoprotective Effect of Egyptian Cape Gooseberry Fruit (Physalis peruviana L.) against Acute Renal Injury in Rats. Published in The Scientific World Journal.
12. Carine Mane, Michele Loonis, Christine Juhel, Claire Dufour, and Celine Malien-Aubert (2011). Food Grade Lingonberry Extract: Polyphenolic Composition and In Vivo Protective Effect against Oxidative Stress. Published in Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
13. Lovisa Heyman, Ulrika Axling, Narda Blanco, Olov Sterner, Cecilia Holm, and Karin Berger (January 2014). Evaluation of Beneficial Metabolic Effects of Berries in High-Fat Fed C57BL/6J Mice. Published in Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism.
14. Neveen A. Hassan, Abeer A. El- Halwagi and H.A. Sayed (2012). Phytochemicals, Antioxidant and Chemical Properties of 32 Pomegranate Accessions Growing in Egypt. Published in World Applied Sciences Journal.
15. USDA Agricultural Research Service, National Nutrient Database (Release 26). Basic Report: 09286, Pomegranates, raw. Published by United States Department of Agriculture.
16. Monica Viladomiu, Raquel Hontecillas, Pinyi Lu, and Josep Bassaganya-Riera (April 2013). Preventive and Prophylactic Mechanisms of Action of Pomegranate Bioactive Constituents. Published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
17. Aida Zarfeshany, Sedigheh Asgary, and Shaghayegh Haghjoo Javanmard (March 2014). Potent health effects of pomegranate. Published in Advanced Biomedical Research.
18. Jennifer L. Donovan, Anne S. Meyer, and Andrew L. Waterhouse (1998). Phenolic Composition and Antioxidant Activity of Prunes and Prune Juice (Prunus domestica). Published in Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
19. USDA Agricultural Research Service, National Nutrient Database (Release 26). Basic Report: 09291, Plums, dried (prunes), uncooked. Published by United States Department of Agriculture.
20. Bolivar A. Cevallos-Casals, David Byrne, William R. Okie, Luis Cisneros-Zevallos (2006). Selecting new peach and plum genotypes rich in phenolic compounds and enhanced functional properties. Published in Food Chemistry.
21. Elizabeth Rendina, Kelsey D. Hembree, McKale R. Davis, Denver Marlow, Stephen L. Clarke, Bernard P. Halloran, Edralin A. Lucas, and Brenda J. Smith (March 2013). Dried Plum’s Unique Capacity to Reverse Bone Loss and Alter Bone Metabolism in Postmenopausal Osteoporosis Model. Published in PLoS One.
22. Stacewicz-Sapuntzakis M. (2013). Dried plums and their products: composition and health effects--an updated review. Published in Critical reviews in food science and nutrition.
23. C. Widén, A. Ekholm, M. D. Coleman, S. Renvert, and K. Rumpunen (July 2012). Erythrocyte Antioxidant Protection of Rose Hips (Rosa spp.). Published in Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity.
24. USDA Agricultural Research Service, National Nutrient Database (Release 26). Basic Report: 35203, Rose Hips, wild (Northern Plains Indians). Published by United States Department of Agriculture.
25. Ioana Roman, Andreea Stănilă,corresponding author and Sorin Stănilă (April 2013). Bioactive compounds and antioxidant activity of Rosa canina L. biotypes from spontaneous flora of Transylvania. Published in Chemistry Central Journal.
26. Spela Moze, Tomaz Polak, Lea Gasperlin, Darinka Koron, Andreja Vanzo, Natasa Poklar Ulrih, and Veronika Abram (July 2011). Phenolics in Slovenian Bilberries (Vaccinium myrtillus L.) and Blueberries (Vaccinium corymbosum L.). Published in Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
27. Eman Mohamed ALY and Mervat Ahmed ALI (January 2014). Effects of Bilberry on Deoxyribonucleic Acid Damage and Oxidant-Antioxidant Balance in the Lens, Induced by Ultraviolet Radiation. Published in The Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences.
28. Ivana Mudnic, Danijela Budimir, Darko Modun, Grgo Gunjaca, Ivana Generalic, Danijela Skroza, Visnja Katalinic, Ivica Ljubenkov, and Mladen Boban (March 2012). Antioxidant and Vasodilatory Effects of Blackberry and Grape Wines. Published in Journal of Medicinal Food.
29. Arpita Basu, Michael Rhone, and Timothy J Lyons (March 2011). Berries: emerging impact on cardiovascular health. Published in Nutrition Reviews.
30. Min Ding, Rentian Feng, Shiow Y. Wang, Linda Bowman, Yongju Lu, Yong Qian, Vincent Castranova, Bing-Hua Jiang and Xianglin Shi (April 2006). Cyanidin-3-glucoside, a Natural Product Derived from Blackberry, Exhibits Chemopreventive and Chemotherapeutic Activity. Published in The Journal of Biological Chemistry.
31. Hyun-Jung Chae, Jung-Eun Yim, Kyung-Ah Kim, and Jong-Hee Chyun (February 2014). Hepatoprotective effects of Rubus coreanus miquel concentrates on liver injuries induced by carbon tetrachloride in rats. Published in Nutrition Research and Practice.
32. Ajay P. Singh, Ted Wilson, Amanda J Kalk, James Cheong, and Nicholi Vorsa (October 2009). Isolation of Specific Cranberry Flavonoids for Biological Activity Assessment. Published in Food Chemistry.
33. Ajay P. Singh, Rakesh K. Singh, Kyu Kwang Kim, K. S. Satyan, Roger Nussbaum, Monica Torres, Laurent Brard, and Nicholi Vorsa (August 2009). Cranberry Proanthocyanidins are Cytotoxic to Human Cancer Cells and Sensitize Platinum-Resistant Ovarian Cancer Cells to Paraplatin. Published in Phytotherapy Research.
34. Howell AB. (June 2007). Bioactive compounds in cranberries and their role in prevention of urinary tract infections. Published in Molecular Nutrition & Food Research.
35. S. Yoo, R.M. Murata, and S. Duarte (September 2011). Antimicrobial Traits of Tea- and Cranberry-Derived Polyphenols against Streptococcus mutans. Published in Caries Research.
36. Jie Wang, Xingjiang Xiong, and Bo Feng (December 2013). Effect of Crataegus Usage in Cardiovascular Disease Prevention: An Evidence-Based Approach. Published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
37. Yang Niu, Yi Nan, Ling Yuan, and Rong Wang (April 2013). Study on Antibacterial Effect of Medlar and Hawthorn Compound Extract In Vitro. Published in African Journal of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicines.
38. Jiaqi Wu, Wei Peng, Rongxin Qin and Hong Zhou (2014). Crataegus pinnatifida: Chemical Constituents, Pharmacology, and Potential Applications. Published in Molecules.
39. Magdi A. Osman (2004). Chemical and Nutrient Analysis of Baobab (Adansonia digitata) Fruit and Seed Protein Solubility. Published by Plant Foods for Human Nutrition.
40. Donatien Kaboré, Hagrétou Sawadogo-Lingani, Bréhima Diawara, Clarisse S. Compaoré, Mamoudou H. Dicko and Mogens Jakobsen (December 2011). A review of baobab (Adansonia digitata) products: Effect of processing techniques, medicinal properties and uses. Published in African Journal of Food Science.
41. Yu Jiang, Yunong Zhang, Logan Wark, Edlin Ortiz, Soyoung Lim, Hui He, Weiqun Wang, Denis Medeiros, and Dingbo Lin (November 2011). Wolfberry Water Soluble Phytochemicals Down-Regulate ER Stress Biomarkers and Modulate Multiple Signaling Pathways Leading To Inhibition of Proliferation and Induction of Apoptosis in Jurkat Cells. Published in Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences.
42. Yang Song and Baojun Xu (2013). Diffusion Profiles of Health Beneficial Components from Goji Berry (Lyceum barbarum) Marinated in Alcohol and Their Antioxidant Capacities as Affected by Alcohol Concentration and Steeping Time. Published in Foods.
43. Benzie IFF, Wachtel-Galor S, editors (2011). Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition. Chapter 14: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects of Chinese Wolfberry. Authors: Peter Bucheli, Qiutao Gao, Robert Redgwell, Karine Vidal, Junkuan Wang, and Weiguo Zhang. Published by CRC Press.
44. Chiu K, Zhou Y, Yeung SC, Lok CK, Chan OO, Chang RC, So KF, Chiu JF (May 2010). Up-regulation of crystallins is involved in the neuroprotective effect of wolfberry on survival of retinal ganglion cells in rat ocular hypertension model. Published by Journal of Cellular Biochemistry.
45. USDA Agricultural Research Service, National Nutrient Database (Release 26). Full Report (All Nutrients): 19165, Cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened. Published by United States Department of Agriculture.
46. Monica Galleano, Ph. D., Patricia I. Oteiza, Ph. D., and Cesar G. Fraga, Ph.D. (December 2010). Cocoa, chocolate and cardiovascular disease. Published in Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology.
47. I. Andújar, M. C. Recio, R. M. Giner, and J. L. Ríos (October 2012). Cocoa Polyphenols and Their Potential Benefits for Human Health. Published in Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity.
48. Kathrin Becker, Simon Geisler, Florian Ueberall, Dietmar Fuchs, and Johanna M. Gostner (December 2013). Immunomodulatory properties of cacao extracts – potential consequences for medical applications. Published in Frontiers in Pharmacology.
49. Diana M. Cheng, Peter Kuhn, Alexander Poulev, Leonel E. Rojo, Mary Ann Lila, and Ilya Raskin (July 2012). In vivo and in vitro antidiabetic effects of aqueous cinnamon extract and cinnamon polyphenol-enhanced food matrix. Published in Food Chemistry.
50. Khuwijitjaru P, Sayputikasikorn N, Samuhasaneetoo S, Penroj P, Siriwongwilaichat P, Adachi S. (2012). Subcritical water extraction of flavoring and phenolic compounds from cinnamon bark (Cinnamomum zeylanicum). Published in Journal of Oleo Science.
51. Priyanga Ranasinghe, Shehani Pigera, GA Sirimal Premakumara, Priyadarshani Galappaththy, Godwin R Constantine, and Prasad Katulanda (October 2013). Medicinal properties of ‘true’ cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum): a systematic review. Published in BioMed Central, Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
52. B. N. Shyamala, M. Madhava Naidu, G. Sulochanamma, and P. Srinivas (July 2007). Studies on the Antioxidant Activities of Natural Vanilla Extract and Its Constituent Compounds through in Vitro Models. Published by Plantation Products, Spices and Flavour Technology Department, Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore 570 020.
53. Takahashi M, Inai Y, Miyazawa N, Kurobayashi Y, Fujita A. (2013). Key odorants in cured Madagascar vanilla beans (Vanilla planiforia) of differing bean quality. Published in Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry.
54. Takahashi M, Inai Y, Miyazawa N, Kurobayashi Y, Fujita A. (2013). Identification of the key odorants in Tahitian cured vanilla beans (Vanilla tahitensis) by GC-MS and an aroma extract dilution analysis. Published in Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry.
55. Carlos L. Céspedes, Maribel Valdez-Morales, José G. Avila, Mohammed El-Hafidi, Julio Alarcón, Octavio Paredes-López (2010). Phytochemical profile and the antioxidant activity of Chilean wild black-berry fruits, Aristotelia chilensis (Mol) Stuntz (Elaeocarpaceae). Published in Food Chemistry.
56. E. Misle, E. Garrido, H. Contardo and W. González, Department of Agrarian Sciences and Forestry, Catholic University of Maule, Los Niches, Curicó, Chile (2011). Maqui [Aristotelia chilensis (Mol.) Stuntz]-the Amazing Chilean Tree: A Review. Published in Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology.
57. Carlos L. Cespedes, Mohammed El-Hafidi, Natalia Pavon, Julio Alarcon (2008). Antioxidant and cardioprotective activities of phenolic extracts from fruits of Chilean blackberry Aristotelia chilensis (Elaeocarpaceae), Maqui. Published in Food Chemistry.
> Back to Berry Powder